RRB RPF SI & Constable Recruitment Official Notification 9739 Posts – Available On 1 June
RPF Recruitment 2018
(Railway Protection Force)
Post Name – SI & Constable
Number of post Name- 9739 Posts ( 50% Reserved for women )
Category wise Vacancy- As per rules
Pay Scale- Rs.5200-20200/-+Rs.2000/- grade pay
Educational Qualification for RPF Recruitment 2018 – Matriculation (10th class)
pass from a recognized board
Job Location: All India
IMPORTANT DATES :
- Application Begin: 01.06.2018 (10.00 AM)
- Last Date: 30.06.2018 (23.00 PM)
- Last Date Pay Exam Fee: to be notified
- Online Correction: to be notified
- Exam Date: Notified Soon
- Admit Card Available: Notified Soon
APPLICATION FEE :
• General/OBC– Rs.500/- (* Rs. 400/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT.)
• SC/ST/Ex Serviceman – Rs. 250/- (* This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT)
• Women– Rs. 250/- (* This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT)
• Fee can be paid through online mode by using credit card/ debit card or net banking or through Challan
Note: In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee will not be refunded.
AGE LIMIT (As on 01-July-2018):
Minimum – 18 years
Maximum– 25 years
- NOTE : Age Relaxation Extra as per Rules
RPF Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure:
There shall be online Computer Based Test (CBT) which will tentatively be held in September and October 2018. Candidates qualified and securing marks in the merit list (10 times of the category-wise vacancies notified) and in the CBT shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Document Verification (DV). However, in case requisite candidates do not qualify in PET/PMT and it is assessed that vacancies in any category /Group for Male/Female/Ex-Servicemen will not be filled up, additional candidates equal to 10 times the number which are likely to remain vacant after the first round of PET/PMT may again be called from amongst the candidates who have secured minimum qualifying marks for a second round of PET/PMT. There shall be a maximum of two rounds of PET/PMT.
The selection for RPF Constable Post will be done in three stages as follows :
PHASE – I – COMPUTER BASED TEST ( CBT) I):
- The date and time for CBT shall be held at different centres across the country simultaneously for all the Groups.
- Candidates shall have 15 language options for Computer Based Test (CBT) out of which they shall have opt for any one.
- Total Duration : 90 min.
- No. of Questions: 120 Question
- 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
- It will be necessary to obtain 35% marks (30 % marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the CBT.
- Three sections will be there as mentioned with syllabus below.
a. General Awareness (50 marks): Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society; to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science etc.
b. Arithmetic(35 marks): Questions on Number systems, whole numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion etc.
c. General Intelligence & reasoning(35 marks): Questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc
Phase II (PET/PMT)
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – PET is qualifying in nature and no marks shall be awarded. It will consist of following events:
|High Jump||4 feet||3 feet||2|
|Long Jump||14 feet||9 feet||2|
Candidate who do not have the minimum height, chest (unexpanded/expanded) shall be treated as having failed in PMT.
PET/PMT is qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded.
Phase III (Document Verification)
- Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT and subject to their qualifying in PET & PMT, candidates will be called for Document Verification.
- In cases of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e. older person shall be given higher seniority.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and category certificates, verification of character and antecedents of the candidates from the local Administration and successful completion of initial training.
- Candidates may please note that CRC only recommends names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway Administration.
- Candidates who do not appear for Document Verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in written examination and PET/PMT.
FORMAT OF CERTIFICATES: The following documents in original, as well as their self attested photo copies will be required for verification in respect of candidates who qualify in PET/PMT.
- 10th/Matriculation certificate as proof of age.
- Graduation certificate as proof of educational qualification.
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the format prescribed for employment under Central Government.
- Discharge certificate for Ex-Serviceman.
- Two copies of self attested colour photograph
- No Objection Certificate(NOC) from the present employer in case of serving Govt. employees.
- Domicile certificate wherever applicable.How to Apply– Interested candidates may apply online through the official website of Railways after Release of Official Notification from the links provided on Important Links Section.
How to Apply –
Interested candidates may apply online through the official website of RPF or may click on the Apply Online link in order to apply for the vacancy.
Download Notice :
Click here To Download Employment Notice 19-23 May
RPF 2018 Constables Recruitment Notification PDF
Click Here To Download Official Notice of RPF Constable (English)
Click here To Download Official Notice of RPF Constable (Hindi)
RPF 2018 SI (Sub Inspector) Recruitment Notification PDF
Click here To Download Official Notice of RPF SI (English)
Click here To Download Official Notice of RPF SI (Hindi)
Apply Link :
Click Here To Apply Online SI [Link will be available 1 June 2018]
Click Here To Apply Online Constable [Link will be available 1 June 2018]