Bihar Police SI ( Daroga) Previous Years Questions
in this Post we are sharing you Bihar Police SI ( Daroga) Previous Years Questions. This is very useful for upcoming Bihar Police Sub Inspector ( Daroga ) Exams.
Bihar Police SI ( Daroga) Previous Years Questions
1. Which of following statements is/are correct regarding the preamble of the Indian Constitution?
1. The Preamble by itself is not enforceable in a court of low
2. The Preamble States the objectives which the Constitution seeks to establish and promote.
3. The Preamble indicates the source from which the Constitution
The Select the correct answer using the codes given below–
(A) 1, 2 and 3✔
(B) 1and 2
(C) 1 and 3 (D) Only 2
2. World AIDS Day is celebrated on which date?
(A) January 12 (B) April 1
(C) May 1 (D) December 1✔
3. The United Nations has declared 2017 as the International Year of–
(A) sustainable tourism for development✔ (B) pulses
(C) light and light-based technologies (D) soils
4. Which State is a major producer of saffron?
(A) Kerala (B) Punjab
(C) Jammu and Kashmir✔ (D) Gujarat
5. As per Census of India 2011 which of the following States has the highest sex-ratio?
(A) Goa (B) Tamil Nadu✔
(C) Sikkim (D) Karnataka
6. Pollination by wind is called–
(A) Autogamy (B) Entomophily
(C) Anemophily✔ (D) Ornithophily
7. The largest Buddhist temple is the world is located in–
(A) India (B) Indonesia✔
(C) Japan (D) China
8. In which island is ‘Lusi’-the world’s largest ongoing mud eruption?
(A) Madagascar (B) Maldives
(C) Mauritius (D) Indonesia✔
9. Golden rice is
(A) A variety of rice grown along the yellow river in China.
(B) Long stored rice having yellow coloured tint.
(C) A transgenic rice having gene for carotene.✔
(D) Wild variety of rice with yellow coloured grains
10. Which one of the following is an example of chemical change?
(A) Burning of paper✔
(B) Magnetisation of soft iron
(C) Dissolution of cane sugar in water
(D) Preparation of ice cubes from water
11. Which State of India has been honoured with UN Public Service Award?
(A) Odisha (B) Kerala
(C) West Bengal✔ (D) Jammu and Kashmir
12. Itching due to insect bite is caused by–
(A) formic acid✔ (B) acetic acid
(C) lactic acid (D) maleic acid
13. The first nuclear disaster occurred in the history of the world on–
(A) August 16, 1945 (B) August 26, 1945
(C) August 8, 1945 (D) August 6, 1945✔
14. The first shipment of US crude oil landed on which port of India?
(A) Kandla Port (B) Mumbai Port
(C) Kolkata Port (D) Paradip Port✔
15. The book ‘Kitab-ul-Hind’ is written by–
(A) Abdul-Fazal (B) Al-Biruni✔
(C) Dara Shikoh (D) Inayat Khan
16. The creation of something from nothing is against the law of–
(A) constant proportions (B) conservation of mass-energy✔
(C) multiple proportions (D) conservation of momentum
17. Which IIT Institute plans to introduce Vastu Shastra to the Architecture student?
(A) Guwahati (B) Mumbai
(C) Kharagpur✔ (D) Delhi
18. Who is the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog?
(A) Hasmukh Adhia (B) Rajiv Shukla
(C) Arvind Pangaria (D) Rajiv Kumar✔
20. Which one of the following estimated National Income for the first time in India?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji✔ (B) Annie Beasant
(C) MK Gandhi (D) Jawaharlal Nehru
21. In which of the followings fields was the first cooperative movement in India initiated?
(A) Agricultural credit✔ (B) Farming activities
(C) Consumer cooperation (D) Agricultural marketing
22. Which one of the following parties or organizations was not founded by Dr. Ambedkar?
(A) Dalit Mukti Morcha✔ (B) Samata Sainik Dal
(C) Independent Labour Party (D) The Republican Party of India
23. The first fertilizer plant in India was set-up at–
(A) Ballarpur (B) Sindri✔
(C) Belagala (D) Rajahmundry
24. Which one of the following areas in India, is a hotspot of biodiversity?
(A) Sunderbans (B) Western Ghats✔
(C) Eastern Ghats (D) Gangetic Plains
25. Who is the author of the book ‘I Do What I Do : On Reform, Rhetoric and Resolve?
(A) Sushma Swaraj (B) Arvind Kejriwal
(C) Arundhati Roy (D) Raghuram Rajan✔
26. Who was called ‘Frontier Gandhi’–
(A) Rajiv Gandhi (B) Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan✔
(C) Liaquat Ali Khan (D) Ram Manohar Lohia
27. The annulment of Partition of Bengal was done by–
(A) Lord Chelmsford (B) Lord Hardinge✔
(C) Lord Curzon (D) Lord Minto
28. Isotope of an element refers to the–
(A) Atoms of the element having different mass numbers✔
(B) Atoms of that element having same mass numbers
(C) Atoms of that element having different atomic numbers
(D) Atoms of that element having same atomic numbers
29. What is the name of the world’s smallest spacecraft launched by the Indian rocket?
(A) Aryabhatta (B) Bhaskara-II
(C) Sprites✔ (D) INSAT-IA
30. Supreme Court ruled that the right to privacy is an intrinsic part of which Fundamental Right of the Constitution?
(A) Article-19 (B) Article-14
(C) Article-20 (D) Article-21✔
31. Sattriya is a classical dance form of which state?
(A) Manipur (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Assam✔ (D) Andhra Pradesh
32. The Ryotwari experiment in land revenue was started by–
(A) Devid Ricard (B) Alexander Reed✔
(C) Both of these (D) None of these
33. Sir Creek dispute is between which of the following the countries?
(A) Indian-Pakistan✔ (B) Afghanistan-Pakistan
(C) China-India (D) India-Bangladesh
34. The pH of human blood is normally around–
(A) 4.5-5.5 (B) 5.5-6.5
(C) 7.5-8.0✔ (D) 8.5-9.0
35. What is ‘Tez’?
(A) Ticket Booking App (B) Digital Payment App✔
(C) Train Status tracking App (D) Indian Post App
36. The right to form association and union is a right–
(A) guaranteed to everybody
(B) to freedom guaranteed to citizens only✔
(C) to equality before law
(D) to life and personal liberty
37. The concept of sustainable development relates to–
(A) Consumption levels (B) Exhaustible resources✔
(C) Social equity (D) Intergenerational equity
38. ‘Nangal’ is known for–
(A) copper (B) oil Refinery
(C) fertilizers✔ (D) penicillin Industry
39. Which of the following is not a gaseous in pollutant?
(A) Oxides of sulphur (B) Oxides of nitrogen
(C) Hydrocarbon (D) Smoke✔
40. Which of the following can be used to store energy?
(1) Compressed air (2) Spring
(3) Battery (4) Capacitor
(A) Only 4 (B) 2and 3
(C) 2,3 and 4 (D) All of these✔
41. The Mahatma Gandhi National Marine Park is located in–
(A) Pirotan Island (B) Rameswaram
(C) Ganga Sagar Island (D) Port Blair✔
42. Who is Director General of UNESCO?
(A) Hamad Abdulaziz (B) Irina Bokova
(C) Al-Kawari (D) Andrey Azouby✔
43. Plants absorb dissolved nitrates from soil and convert them into–
(A) Free nitrogen✔ (B) Urea
(C) Ammonia (D) Proteins
44. Which of the following Mobile Apps was launched by Union Ministry of Rural Development for maintenance of rural roads?
(A) Aarambh✔ (B) Sadak
(C) Aabhar (D) Vahan
45. What does the term NSDL stands for?
(A) National Safety Depository Limited
(B) National Securities Development
(C) Natural Safety Development Limited
(D) National Securities Depository Limited✔
46. ‘YUVA’-a skill development programme under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, has been launched by
(A) National Skill Development Corporation (B) Confederation of Indian Industry
(C) Home Ministry (D) Delhi Police✔
47. In which States of India is maximum are irrigated by tube wells?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Bihar
(C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Rajasthan
48. Which vitamin is necessary for blood clotting?
(A) Vitamin-A (B) Vitamin-D
(C) Vitamin-K✔ (D) Vitamin-C
49. Which of the following Sikh Gurus started the Gurumukhi script?
(A) Guru Angad Dev✔ (B) Guru Arjun Dev
(C) Guru Nanak (D) Guru Gobind Singh
50. Which one of the following amendments to the Indian Constitutions empowers the President to send back any matter for reconsideration to the Council of Ministers?
(A) 39th (B) 40th
(C) 42th (D) 44th✔
51. Ozone hole refers to–
(A) hole in ozone layer
(B) decrease in the ozone layer in troposphere✔
(C) decrease in thickness of ozone layer in stratosphere
(D) increase in the thickness of ozone layer in troposphere
52. What are Blue Chip companies?
(A) Companies which business in fisheries sectors.
(B) A Blue Chip Company, is very strong financially✔
(C) High risk start-ups.
(D) A company manufacturing memory card.
53. Who wrote a book named ‘India after Gandhi : The History of the World’s Largest Democracy?
(A) David Grossman (B) Ramchandra Guha✔
(C) Professor Yashpal (D) Lord Davis
54. Gross Domestic Product is defined as the value of all–
(A) final goods and services produced in an economy in a year
(B) goods and services produced in an economy in a year
(C) final goods produced in an economy in a year
(D) goods produced in an economy in a year
55. From its origin to the data, the Brahmaputra traverses–
(A) Tibet, China and Myanmar
(B) Bhutan, Nepal and India
(C) China, India and Bangladesh
(D) India, Bangladesh and Myanmar
56. Who was given ‘Dhyanchand Award 2017’ for Football?
(A) Syed Shahid Hakim✔ (B) Anwar Ali
(C) Robin Singh (D) Narayan Das
57. Consider the following personalities–
(1) Naseeruddin Shah (2) Girish Karnad
(3) Dolly Thakore (4) Makarand Deshpande
Which among the above are related to theatre?
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 1, 3 and 4
(C) 1, 2 and 4 (D) All of these✔
58. Which one of the following was not a demand of the ‘Prarthana Samaj’?
(A) Women education (B) Widow remarriage
(C) Raising the age of marriage for boys and girls
(D) Abolition of untouchability✔
59. Which of the following has decided to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars till year, 2040?
(A) America (B) Britain
(C) France✔ (D) Japan
60. Who among the following was contemporary of Chengiz Khan?
(A) Sultan Shamsuddin Iltutmish✔
(B) Sultan Sikandar Lodi
(C) Sultan Alauddin Khalji
(D) Sultan Muhammed-bin-Tuglaq
61. India does not share its boundary with which of the following countries?
(A) China (B) Taiwan✔
(C) Burma (D) Bhutan
62. Which of the following chemicals is used in voting ink?
(A) Silver nitrate✔ (B) Silver bromide
(C) Silver chloride (D) Silver sulphate
63. The equator does not pass through which of the following countries?
(A) Kenya (B) Mexico✔
(C) Indonesia (D) Brazil
64. Which of the following is not included in UNESCO’s list of intangible cultural heritage of Humanity from India?
(A) Ramman (B) Sankirtana
(C) Bihu✔ (D) Yoga
65. ‘Global Hunger Index’ is published annually by which of the following?
(A) Central Food Technological Research Institute
(B) International Food Policy Research Institute✔
(C) Institute of Food Technologists
66. Who has become 2nd Indian woman to fly for NASA Mars Mission?
(A) Kalpana Chawla (B) Sunita Williams
(C) Jasleen Kaur Josan✔ (D) Sri Vidhya
67. Rise in the price of a commodity means–
(A) rise in the value of currency only
(B) fall in the value of currency only
(C) rise in the value of commodity only
(D) fall in the value of currency and rise in the value of commodity✔
68. Ram Nath Kovind was sworn in as ………. President of India.
(A) 13th (B) 14th✔
(C) 15th (D) 16th
69. Who has been appointed as Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
(A) Rajiv Mahrshi✔ (B) Suresh Narayan
(C) Vivek Sharma (D) Naresh Iyer
70. The Naujavan Bharat Sabha was formed in 1926 by–
(A) Bhagat Singh✔ (B) VD Savarkar
(C) Ashwini Kumar Datta (D) Jatin Das
71. The site of Harappa is locat3ed on the bank of the river–
(A) Saraswati (B) Indus
(C) Beas (D) Ravi✔
72. What measures should be taken when an economy is going through inflationary pressures?
(1) Direct taxes should be increased.
(2) Interest rate should be reduced.
(3) Public spending should be increased.
Select the correct answer
(A) Only 1✔ (B) Only 2
(C) 2 and 3 (D) 1 and 2
73. Consider the following statements about democracy–
(1) It consists of government elected by people
(2) In democracy, those currently in power have a fair chance of losing
(3) Each vote has one value
Which of above statement(s) is/are correct?
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 1, 2 and 3✔
(C) Only 1 (D) 2 and 3
74. The languages of discourses of Gautam Buddha was
(A) Prakrit (B) Pali✔
(C) Magadhi (D) Sanskrit
75. United Nations Day is celebrated on?
(A) October 24✔ (B) October 22
(C) September 21 (D) November 22
76. Which of the following States has launched ‘Operation Durga’ to ensure women’s safety?
(A) West Bengal (B) Haryana✔
(C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Rajasthan
77. Which of the following establishes the Inter-state Council?
(A) The Prime Minster’s Office (B) The Parliament
(C) The President✔ (D) The NITI Aayog
78. In which one of the following cities, Bangladesh will open a new Diplomatic station?
(A) Chennai✔ (B) Kochi
(C) Hyderabad (D) Bengaluru
79. Transfer pricing is related to which of the following?
(A) Pricing of generic drugs
(B) Government budgeting
(C) Taxation and accounting
(D) Transferring of funds from one account to another✔
80. Which are the existing currencies in the basket that makeup Special Drawing Rights (SDR)?
(1) The US Dollar (2) The Japanese Yen
(3) The British Pound (4) The Chinese Renminbi
(5) The Euro
(A) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(B) 1, 3, 4 and 5
(C) 2, 3, 4 and 5
(D) All of the above✔
81. Which of the following is not a type of ligneous rock?
(A) Peridotite (B) Granite
(C) Scoria (D) Shale✔
82. The members of NAFTA are–
(A) the USA, Canada and Mexico✔
(B) the USA, Canada and India
(C) the USA, Canada and Japan
(D) the USA, UK and India
83. Which Bank received scheduled bank status from Reserve Bank of India in February 2017?
(A) Equitas Small Finance Bank
(B) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank✔
(C) Janalakshmi small Finance Bank
(D) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
(B) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ujjivan Financial Services Limited, has been given scheduled bank status by RBI. Ujjivan SFB commenced its operations. as a Small Finance Bank with effect from February 1, 2017.
84. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
(1) In BC 326,, Alexander invaded India.
(2) Ambhi (King of Takshashila) welcome Alexander and his men.
(3) Alexander died in 332 BC.
(A) 2 and 3
(B) 1 and 3
(C) 1 and 2✔
(D) All are correct
85. The soil formed by wind dust in and around hot deserts is called–
(A) Silty soil (B) Loamy Soil
(C) Sandy soil (D) Loess soil✔
86. Which politician wrote the book ‘The Coalitions Years : 1996-2012’?
(A) Manmohan Singh (B) Pranab Mukherjee✔
(C) Hamid Ansari (D) Venkaiah Naidu
87. ‘Nimoo Bazgo’ dam is situated on which of the following rivers?
(A) Indus✔ (B) Koyna
(C) Barakar (D) Periyar
88. Which of the following statements regarding ‘Patent’ is not correct?
(A) A patent is an exclusive right granted for an invention-a product or process that provides a new way of doing something.
(B) A patent provides owners with protection for their inventions.✔
(C) Protection is granted for unlimited period.
(D) A patent owner has the right to decide who may or may not use the patented invention.
89. In how many States must a political party be recognized as a party to become a national party?
(A) 4 States✔ (B) 6 States
(C) 9 States (D) 12 States
90. Which instrument determines specific gravity of liquids?
(A) Gravimeter (B) Hydrometer✔
(C) Hygrometer (D) Hypsometer
91. Which of the following is/are department (s) in Ministry of Defence?
(1) Department of Defence
(2) Department of Defence Research and Development
(3) Department of Defence Production
(4) Department of Defence Finance
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 1, 2 and 3✔
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) Only 1
92. Which method of water purification does not kill micro-organisms?
(A) Boiling (B) Filtration✔
(C) Chlorination (D) UV-radiation
93. The first month of India’s national calendar is called–
(A) Maagh (B) Bhadrapad
(C) Kartika (D) Chaitra✔
94. Which country won the Women’s Cricket ICC World Cup 2017?
(A) India (B) Australia
(C) South Africa (D) England✔